Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Clone Wars -- "R2 Come Home" (Ep. 2.21)

-- Adversity is a friendship's truest test.

[Remember, you can sign up to join the Clone Wars Project at any time by clicking this link.]


The title of the episode is a little misleading. I suppose it's only meant to bring up images of Lassie. You know: "What, Lassie? Timmy fell down the well? Oh, no!" Which is exactly the kind of episode it is. However, when I read the title, I actually thought of the movie, Lassie Come Home, which is about Lassie trying to get back to her owners, to which I thought, "Again?" So, fortunately, I suppose, it was just an episode where Anakin fell down the metaphorical well and R2 had to go for help.

The episode picks up where the last one left off, just after Boba Fett sabotaged the ship Mace Windu was on. Anakin and Mace have gone to where the ship crashed to look for survivors. Aurra Sing and Boba Fett are doing the same thing but for different reasons. Boba, knowing Mace escaped, is still after him and has set a trap. One that Anakin walks right into.

It's not a very complicated episode, but I do think it's a very well done episode. The group of bounty hunters (Aurra, Boba, Bossk, and a... thing called Castas) have a lot of infighting. And Anakin and Mace's relationship is never one that can be said to all roses and sunshine, so there's a lot of interpersonal conflict in this one.

Then there's R2. Because, like I said, it's up to him to save the day and to deliver the message that Timmy fell down in the well.


"He's got a lot of personality. That's all."

4 comments:

  1. I didn't enjoy this one so much - just didn't grab me. Perhaps I just don't feel sufficiently invested in any of the narrative threads involved. However, I did just watch the next episode and I will say the story arc ends well. Hondo is back - always helps for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAS: I do appreciate the episode for the development of the relationship between Mace and Anakin. Their history is rocky, to say the least.

      Delete
  2. Grrrr. Never been a fan of Artoo. I hope they don't do to BB-8 what they did to Artoo.

    ReplyDelete