However, I do want to support other independent authors as much as possible. That's why I do reviews, and that's why I'm including stories by other writers in my books. And that's why, today, in the Spirit of Christmas (or something like that), I'm going to highlight some indie work that's come out in the past year or so. Many of these books are on my list of things to read (but I've been really behind on reading, lately, so I haven't gotten to them) and will get reviewed at some point. Others are books I know of, but I haven't made the decision to actually read, yet. They are all, however, independently published by people whose blogs I follow.
So, while I'm not actually recommending them in the sense of, "Hey! I read this and it was great," I am saying, "Give some indies some love and check these out." And, really, they are in no particular order.
1. White Walls by Australian author Hayley M Clearihan
2. Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. by Pk Hrezo
3. CassaStorm by Alex Cavanaugh
4. Green Eggs & Weezie by Cathy Olliffe-Webster
5. A Hero's Journey and other things by PT Dilloway (seriously, he has so many books out, I can't list them all, but the Scarlet Knight stuff is from this year)
6. The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan
7. A Flock of Ill Omens (part 1 of her serialization of A Shot in the Light) by Hart Johnson
8. Moonless by Crystal Collier
And this one I have read and get to include because, well, it's my blog and it's good:
9. Shadow Spinner -- this link is for the physical book
- "Collection 1: Tiberius"
- "Collection 2: The Man with No Eyes"
- "Collection 3: The Garden"
- "Collection 4: The Undying" -- coming soon
Oh... and, after you read, leave a review!