Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rust in the Cliffs (pictures I like)

Generally speaking, the photos I post here are unedited. Okay, always the photos I post here are unedited except, maybe, I have changed the rotation on one or two. I can't remember. This time, though, because I wanted to rotate the photo some, I played with some filters, which is a thing I do sometimes, just not on any of the photos I've posted. So, above, is the edited photo and, below, is the original. You can probably see why I wanted to rotate it because, although I was level when I took the original, the curve of the horizon makes the photo look oddly tilted. Then I decided to make the colors pop a bit. The photo is from last fall sometime before all the rain started.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty. You have such beautiful land out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both. You're right, the unedited looks tilted. But ask yourself this: in editing the photo and improving on reality, aren't you just playing God?

    Unless... unless you actually ARE a god of some sort, in which case you're not PLAYING at it. In which case I shouldn't have risked offending you.

    *hides under desk in case lightning bolt shoots out of sky*

    *ignores the fact that he probably couldn't have typed that last part while hiding under the desk*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briane: Well, you know, if everyone else only exists in my mind, then I guess I am God.

      Delete
  3. It does look better with a little more rusty red. Beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the post was all about me. I didn't notice the 'y' was missing until I clicked on it. Well played.

    And I like both pics. I used to heavily alter every single photo I took. Nowadays I just don't have the energy for it. And I think it will date my photos the same way auto tune dates so many songs for the early 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rusty: Well, now I know how to get you to stop by my blog and leave a comment.
      >evil plan ensues<

      Delete