Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Clone Wars -- "The Phantom Apprentice" (Ep. 7.10)

"I wonder if the moment may be upon us"

This episode... wow... It's epic in scope. And completely entwined with the events of Revenge of the Sith. In the opening moments we find out that Anakin has, between the previous episode and this one, which is saying a lot considering this episode picks up exactly where the last one left off, murdered Dooku. We learn of the Jedi Council's distrust of Palpatine and the ramifications for Anakin. Well, everyone, but I guess we don't know that, yet, from a chronological perspective.

And Maul still doesn't know that Palpatine is Darth Sidious, at least as far as can be told by the way he talks about Sidious.

I still don't think this arc is "essential" viewing, but it's damn good viewing.
There's a huge battle between the clones and Maul's Mandalorians, then between the Maul's Mandalorians and Bo-Katan's Mandalorians.
And an epic lightsbaer duel between Ahsoka and Maul.

Also, Maul gets excellent dialogue.

This is one you just need to watch, so I'm finished talking about it.


"...I'm afraid your way of thinking is behind the times."

"How charming that you actually believe that statement to be true."

"I can thrive in the chaos that is to come."

"You'll find I have many qualities for you to dislike."

2 comments:

  1. I probably will watch these someday. I'm spending so much time with Trek and Marvel these days - by choice, of course. That said, a return to home base will be necessary someday.

    An unsolicited recommendation for you: the Superego podcast overdub of The Empire Strikes Back. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tas: Hmm... Okay, I'll look into it.
      I want to listen to podcasts, but I really never do.
      There's one I love -- Everything Is Alive -- but I've only managed to listen to about four episodes in the last six or eight months.

      Delete