Monday, July 13, 2015

Trinity 2015: Part Three -- Other Stuff

Trinity this year was a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, because I was going to be away from the Demon Cat for a week (also known as Jack (here's a picture of him feeling ashamed of himself
(I'm lying; he's never ashamed))), I thought that I would actually take advantage of that by getting, you know, some sleep. Now, previously, when we've been, I've gotten up earlier than everyone else and sat on the deck with my mocha and used the time to write, but, no, this year, I slept in. I was under the false... um, no... I just had some bad logic that told me that I would somehow be able to write during the day when everyone wanted to do things. Yeah, that didn't happen. I didn't wise up and get up early to write until the last two days. Next year, I'll know better than to take the sleeping in option. I do think I came back slightly more rested than I went, though.

Here are some other pictures I took while there that I really like.
We found it this way, but I thought it was cool that someone took the time to make that.
Unless, of course, this is some kind of weird, naturally occurring formation.
We found one other before we left, not as tall as the first, but, see, maybe they are naturally occurring, and this one just hadn't grown as big yet.

14 comments:

  1. Strangely, I have to pee now...
    Nice photos. Yeah, trying to write when the family is awake sounds like an impossible proposition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex: It is amazing how much I don't get done while they're around. And I keep expecting, as the kids get older, for that to get better, but I have gotten less done this summer than other summer before.

      Delete
  2. Cool pics. Someone was making cairns in the woods. Could be a story there. One that ends with murder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rusty: You write that story, because I'm pretty much booked solid on ideas, right now.

      Delete
  3. My wife left her job because it was making her miserable, and is currently at home with me all day long while she finds another. You can guess how much I've written lately. Yes, that number is zero.

    So I have the strongest urge to just knock that really tall cairn over... what's wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABftS: Ah, yeah, I know what you mean.

      When I saw that tall pile of rocks, that was the first thought through my mind, then I thought, "Actually, that's pretty cool. I wonder how long it will last." So I left it. I'm hoping it's still there next year.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rock tower. I wonder about the person/people who took the time to make it. And the second one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne: I know. My first thought is that it was a kid, but the first one is much too high and precarious for a kid, I think.

      Delete
  6. ARE they naturally occuring?

    Those are great pictures. Hard to say which was my favorite. I thought the fifth was, but then I really liked the fire, too.

    Sometimes you've got to give yourself a break. I'm glad you slept in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briane: They weren't there last year, so I'm going to guess they don't occur naturally. But you never can tell. I wasn't there when they happened.

      Delete
  7. Nice pictures! Last time I went hiking we had a couple of those cairns (or whatever they're called) along the path. I'm certain I don't have the patience to make one, but they're fun to see. And, no, I'm not really getting any writing done with the kids home for summer. It's going around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon: There should be a vaccine or something that keeps children from interfering with writing. Maybe that's what "camp" is. It's certainly not "softball," that's for sure.

      Delete