Monday, December 3, 2018

Rebels: "The Wynkahthu Job" (Ep. 3.09)

-- "Come on; when have I asked you to trust me and it hasn't worked out?"

Oh, look! It's Hondo!
That's me in prepping this post before I've watched the episode. But, now, I have to go watch the episode because, look!, it's Hondo!
We always love a good Hondo episode.
I mean, an episode with Hondo is always good! Well, except for that one. But "that one" was clearly an aberration before they'd figured out what kind of character he was going to be.
And, no, that is not a use of the royal "we;" it's just an acknowledgement that everyone loves Hondo.
That should be a show: Everyone Loves Hondo. Or, maybe, Hondo's the Boss. Mad Hondo? Hmm... I think I like this game.

Completely aside from Hondo, this episode had the best moment of all of the Rebels episodes so far, possibly the best Star Wars moment ever. Okay, so that might be going a little too far, but both my son and I burst out laughing. It was great moment. And, no, I'm not going to tell you what happened, because you need to see it for yourself. And if you don't know what moment I'm talking about... well, there's no hope for you.

This is a very fun episode. It's a light heist sort of thing. The looting sort of heist with mild danger. No heavy themes or plot, just some fun theft. Or the desire for theft. But, hey, it's thefting from the Empire, so it's all good, right? Right!

And that's all I'm going to say. You should just watch the episode. Even if you have never seen another episode of Rebels or The Clone Wars. Sure, some of it will be lost on you, but I think it's fun enough that you won't care.


"I know that the two of you have had your past... conflagrations."

"I don't care what you have to offer; I'm not allowing... that on my ship."

"You are like family! Short... fragrant... family."

"I can pull your limbs off later."

No comments:

Post a Comment