Monday, March 16, 2020

Rebels: "Kindred" (Ep. 4.07)

-- "It's funny, no matter what happens, we always end up back here."


The Noghri are finally canon. Much like Thrawn. I don't think this is how I ever pictured them, though. In my mind 20-something years ago when I read the Zahn trilogy, I'm sure the Noghri were much more stout. I don't know, since it's been so long since I read the books, if that picture was accurate or not.
And, yeah, I'm sure some (most) of you don't know what the hell I'm talking about.
But I'm okay with that.

And I can't really dwell on anything to do with the Zahn books because that just renews my anger at the sequel trilogy and the injustice done to Mara Jade.

So let's talk about the scene in this episode:
The Empire is bearing down on our group of rebels. Tanks, speeders, the whole shebang. And a Noghri. Hera kisses Kanan. I'm going to assume it's their first ever kiss based on Kanan's expression. The Empire is fast approaching! Everyone turns to watch the kiss. That seems accurate to me.

Oh, yeah, and things continue to develop with the Loth-wolves and this final story-arc.
But it's really all about the kiss.


"This is good. When it gets strange like this, it's a good thing."

"How have you people stayed alive so long?"

No comments:

Post a Comment