Friday, August 18, 2017

What I've Learned from Politics

I've learned that I'm tired of politics. Seriously, I'm not really a political person anyway. Yeah, I see you laughing there, but you should go check this post to understand what I'm talking about.

I've learned that I really liked it when I didn't have to pay attention to the political realm EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY. I think this must be what it's like to live with an abusive alcoholic. You have to always be on guard, always on watch, always paying attention. God, it's tiring. If nothing else, Obama gave us a kind of stability that allowed us to pursue our own lives but, now, every day there is something new and every week, seemingly, some new catastrophe. Because if there's one thing you can count on is that Trump #fakepresident will get drunk every weekend and go on some kind of twitter-rage so that each week begins with some kind of horrible drama.

I've learned that one man can make a difference, but it's not a good one. Political stress is everywhere, not just here but all across the world, and a great deal of it is being caused by ONE FUCKING ASSHOLE with the power to wage nuclear war #fakepresident, and I don't mean the chubby baby in North Korea. The whole world is on edge because of the toddler the US put in the highest office in the world.

I've learned that some people I thought once were pretty decent people have been vile undercover racists and worse all along. I've learned that people who, at this point, are still supporting Trump #fakepresident have no redemption in store for them. If you support a racist, fascist, Nazi-lover; you are a racist, fascist, Nazi-lover. Sorry, you don't get to be a Trump #fakepresident supporter and also try to claim that you're not racist. Not anymore. Not ever, really, but certainly not after Charlottesville and Trump's #fakepresident refusal to condemn the Nazi-instigated violence.

I mean, fuck, even some of the worst Republicans out there, real assholes themselves (Rubio, Hatch), immediately condemned the acts of the Nazis. How hard is it to condemn Nazis? Too hard for Trump #fakepresident and Sessions. So, yeah, Sessions called it domestic terrorism, but it was obvious that he was forced into that position with his whole, "it meets the legal definition" bullshit.

I've learned that the GOP are even bigger assholes than I thought. And complete cowards.

I've learned that talking politics is good for blog traffic, which isn't something I considered when I started doing political posts.

I've also learned that the increased traffic does not lead to more comments or book sales. Which, admittedly, was not a motivation for making the political posts (again, see the link provided above), but it would have been nice. Would be nice.

I've learned to not respond to people who say things like "prove it." It doesn't matter what data or evidence you show them, they will continually tell you that that data and evidence are fake, something they've learned from their Russian-Nazi master #fakepresident.

I've learned that Texas is the hand basket. Except for Austin. Texas has politicians as bad as #fakepresident. It makes me ashamed to have been there and so glad to be away from there.

I've learned that Nazis don't give up. David Duke is still around and pushing his racist KKK agenda decades after trying to be governor of Louisiana. Louisiana is probably the handle of the hand basket.

I've learned that books like 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 never quit being relevant.

I've learned that intolerance is a thing that can't be tolerated. At all. If it could be tolerated at all, we wouldn't have Nazis inciting violence again and heading us toward a New Civil War. Also, you can see this post where I first talked about that.

I've learned that it's never too late to punch a Nazi in the face.

8 comments:

  1. Charlottesville is a new low, an I-didn't-realize-it-could-get-this-bad low. I think we've reached a tipping point with Trump. Republican senators are calling him out by name. At least, I hope we've reached that point. I think I am ready to start grumbling about President Pence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAS: I don't think we've bottomed out yet. Many of the same senators said during the election that they would never support Trump #fakepresident, but they didn't hesitate to get on board with him when they thought they would be able to get what they wanted. Until they actually start doing something more than talk, I don't believe them.

      Delete
  2. A new civil war, where they'll create new monuments to racists and scream about whitewashing history if you try to remove them. I'm surprised there hasn't been commissioned a solid gold statue of the asshole in chief himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne: Are you sure there aren't gold statues of him?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I long for the days where I wasn't constantly fretting about the damage that idiot is doing. And why hasn't anyone moved on getting this guy gone yet? I mean, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz: That's a good question. One without an answer.

      Delete
  4. How long will the farce continue? How long will the American people stand for this kind of president? He is an embarrassment on stage for the world to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D.G.: I wonder that every day. I can't imagine that Mueller can't have enough evidence, but I'm not there, so I don't know. And, of course, the real problem is the Republicans in the House, and I'm not sure what to do about them. They've rigged the system so hard that it seems unlikely we'll get rid of enough of them.
      And we have to follow the system, right? That's what I keep telling myself.

      Delete