Monday, June 3, 2013

"Let Down Your Hair"

Just a short post today.

Recently I mentioned that I joined up with a group that would be posting short stories on the Out of Print blog. My short story, "Let Down Your Hair," is up this week. Those of you who have read The House on the Corner may recognize it from the end of the book where I stuck it in (it will be coming out of the book, though, when I release the revised edition, in favor of a story written by someone else (see yesterday's post)). If you haven't read House, this little 1200 word story will give you a tiny taste of the theme of the book. Imagination. Pop on over and check it out, and follow that blog while you're there. I feel fairly confident in saying that there should be some interesting stories coming up in the future.

15 comments:

  1. That was a cute story Andrew :) House On The Corner sounds intriguing.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting idea. Checking it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read the book yet but sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're taking it out? Well, at least you have options for it, like at Out of Print. And now I really want to read Bryan's piece. It must rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story. I remember reading this at the end of House, as mentioned.

    Alex - I'm pretty proud of the piece but comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges, trust me! You'll see what I mean if you end up reading my piece, which I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved "Let Down Your Hair"...
    I've sent you a Sunshine Award...if you are so inclined to feel sunshiny today. Get the button on my post today and there are some questions... at any rate, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna: Well, of course, I think it is.

    Misha: Thanks!

    Sheena: I think so!

    Alex: I do have other plans for my short, so it's not going away forever.

    JKIR,F!: Thanks!

    ABftS: Thanks!
    And I hope everyone reads your story. Which has nothing to do with that it will be in my book; I just hope everyone reads your story.

    Jo: And, see, House is already out as a whole book.

    Donna: I will go over and check it out. Thanks!

    Maurice: I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That may be the shortest post you've ever done. :)

    Oh, and I'm reading Christmas now. Sorry it took me awhile to get started. Vacation sort of took over my life for a couple of weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the story but I think my comment didn't take.

    This has been a terrible day for me reading/commenting due to work being stupid.

    Anyway, I read it, it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. L.G.: I think I had one shorter one once.
    I can't wait to hear what you think.

    Briane: Thanks! I kind of figured you already read it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tina: Well, leave a comment and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete